Physiotherapy is an evidenced based scientific therapy who’s main approach should be movement of the body and awareness of what normal movement looks like and of course awareness of abnormal movement also. Once the abnormal movements are corrected, this will lead to recovery from pain and overall better feeling of wellbeing.
What is Life Fit Physiotherapy?
To be life fit is to be free from pain and back to full function, doing whatever it is you do best.
Physiotherapy can help you to achieve this. Physiotherapy is very much a patient-centered approach to health and wellbeing, meaning you, the patient, is at the center of the treatment, and through education, awareness and empowerment, you take a front seat in your own recovery process. This is called a ‘bio-psycho-social’ approach and there is very good evidence showing this is important for a complete recovery.
We will convert complex and complicated language surrounding various conditions and medical reports into easy to understand dialogue including a top three things to-do list during your first appointment. The first appointment will adopt a whole-body approach including a discussion about your problem, how it affects your lifestyle, and your thoughts around it. This is followed by a physical examination in order to complete the picture and identify the source to your symptoms.
- All joint/muscle/ligament/tendon issues
- Back and Neck Pain, both acute and persistent
- Sports injuries
- Rehabilitation after surgery
- Nerve pain, referred from neck or back
- Any nutritional queries you may have
Treatments used when necessary:
- Manual therapy
- Cognitive-functional therapy
- Normal movement re-education
- Assessment and correction of dysfunctional breathing patterns
- Soft-tissue massage
- Rehabilitation through a tailored exercise programme
- Nutritional advice